Private & Corporate Events Manager
Contracted hours: 40 hours a week (can be flexible)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pasini Promotions is looking for a Private and Corporate Event Manager to drive forward and confidently procure, book and execute private and corporate functions across all venues under Pasini Leisure; Three Wise Monkeys Colchester, Three Wise Monkeys Ipswich, V Bar, Twisters Bar and the soon to be fully opened Other Monkey Brewing Microbrewery and Tap Rooms.
The candidate will be responsible for responding to inbound enquiries within a timely manner, providing in-depth and bespoke 1:1 responses to each enquiry, offering suggestions, solutions and ideas and ensuring a robust system is in place to follow up with and convert leads into bookings.
The candidate will be responsible for proactively engaging with local businesses and networking within the local community to procure and generate corporate and private events, ensuring that you are the go-to contact for brilliant and well-delivered functions in the local areas of Suffolk and Essex, utilising the USPs of each venue to elevate the experience.
The candidate will take pride in ensuring that each and every private event is run smoothly and exceeds the expectations of the customer and their guests. You are motivated by generating sales and brilliant at upselling and cross-selling and highlighting what you need to help you do this. You like to work months in advance, ensuring the required assets are ready to book corporate events for key dates long in advance, for example, booking Christmas in June.
You will collect and chase deposits and ensure for each event or function, an event plan and booking form is completed seven days in advance of an event, including dietary requirements, food and drinks preordered and any special additional requirements thoroughly detailed. You will brief the respective venue teams in advance, ensuring they are fully prepared and ensure that an onsite contact is established for each and every private event for the customer.
You will work closely with the Live Events Manager to ensure that all spaces for venues are booked and busy, ensuring no double bookings and working together to maximise all opportunities for events across the venues.
Private & Corporate Events Manager
- Drive the execution of the private & corporate event strategy in line with Directors vision
- Increase opportunities for private & corporate events in partnership with the venue teams – devising packages that attract profitable business, proactively attracting, confirming and maintaining corporate relationships
- Attract and convert event, wedding, group, and private dining business
- Utilise the corporate & private event pack and ensure updated quarterly to a high standard, signed off by Directors
- Utilise Asana for the entire process, from booking functions to logging new client contact details, leads and issuing and holding contracts
- Ensure thorough coordination, communication and organisation for each event with the venue and internal PP teams to ensure no double bookings and terms and conditions and requirements of each event are identified and briefed and diaries are updated with all relevant information prior to the event
- Ensure data is captured from each private and corporate booking including revenue generated to report on monthly
- Procure new leads on a monthly basis, locating HR/People Manager/Directors of local businesses
- Tenaciously chase up all leads and interest
- Upsell and cross-promote – utilising the full Leisure portfolio at your disposal
- Engage with and build relationships with corporate clients, council and group figures and wider local community
- Host quarterly networking events for local businesses for each venue and regular monthly meetings held with local businesses/figureheads/company owners etc
- Confidently communicate with corporate and event customers to provide assurance that their event is in safe hands
- Drive promotion of Private and Corporate event concepts and offering via the PP team for each venue, ensuring this is a core element of the promotional strategy
- Meet with the Directors monthly to present the private and corporate event bookings each month, with KPIs
- Private events booked for each venue for the month ahead
- Private events held for each venue that month & total spend
- of new leads for the month for each venue generated
- Meetings/engagements held and budget spent on procuring new opportunities for private bookings i.e holding coffee mornings, coffee meetings, lunch on the venue etc
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- A positive can-do attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional in all work environments and settings
- Self-starter and good self-manager
- Open to feedback and learning opportunities
- Tenacious with bookings
- Relationship builder and community engager
- As with the nature of the hospitality industry in which the PP operates, there will be some requirements for weekend and evening work at key events or shoots for example as a key onsite support. Advance notice will be given wherever possible and for weekends worked, time in lieu will be given, signed off by the line manager
- The role is a fundamental part of a small, busy and fast-paced marketing department which may require overtime during busy campaign moments and combined team efforts will be required to ensure the successful implementation of key campaign deliverables
- As part of a small team, there might be instances where the person will need to support in the delivery and management of various different activities that support the smooth running of the team and the client work and delivery
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and a covering letter, outlining your relevant experience and qualifications for the role, to [email protected]
stating ‘Private & Corporate Events Manager’ in the subject line.